When it comes to new employees, giving them a warm welcome to your company can set the tone for their careers. Let’s go through some things that help to welcome employees to your organization and some possible gifts to show them a little extra appreciation for choosing your company.
Setting employees up for success when they join the company is so important. Take a look at these steps to start your new employees on a great path with your organization.
- Introduce Them to the Team
Show them around the office, introduce them to their co-workers, and ensure they feel comfortable in their new surroundings.
- Set up a welcome lunch or happy hour at the employee’s favorite restaurant. It is an excellent way for the team to meet and welcome them.
- If that’s not possible, then give a gift card to their favorite restaurant or store. It is nice to let them know that you care about their interests.
- Help Them Get Acclimated to the Company’s Culture
Share your company values, vision, and mission with them so they understand what makes your business tick.
- You have an excellent opportunity to give a book on the company’s history or an insider’s guide to the industry. It’s a thoughtful way to help them learn more about their new workplace.
- A magazine or online service subscription related to the company’s industry is also a fantastic resource. Something like this can help them jump in with both feet and get up to speed quickly.
- Give Them a Chance to Ask Questions
Encourage an open line of communication, so your new employee feels comfortable coming to you with any questions or concerns.
- If you get to know your employees, you can relate to them and find the best ways to engage with them. This opportunity also allows you to connect them with others in your company with similar interests.
- If your new employee is into movies, a voucher for a free night at the movies would be a great welcome present or a movie night gift package.
- They may be into sports, so tickets to the local sports team may be a great way to say welcome.
- Set Them Up for Success
Help them understand what is expected of them in their new role and provide them with the necessary resources to excel.
- Doing this is an excellent opportunity to put a welcome basket together. Make sure to include valuable items they’ll need for their new job, like a stapler, pens, paperclips, and notepads.
- You can also have a personalized nameplate for your employee’s desk or customized company gear. These little touches are always appreciated. It also allows your new employee a way to show their corporate pride.
- Do your research and look into the companies that offer deals on unique custom gear.
Once you’ve got them onboarded, if you want to make a new employee feel appreciated, then consider throwing in one of these additional thoughtful gifts:
- Include a personalized coffee mug or water bottle they can use daily and will think of you whenever they use it. Include some tea or coffee to help add an extra little touch to this gift.
- If you know your employees are into staying healthy, then include a basket of snacks and heart-healthy drinks as a great way to welcome them. Or if they love hiking, a State park pass would be great for them.
- Maybe your employee enjoys staying in for the night. There are many opportunities to get them gift packages for a sushi night in, or this is an excellent opportunity to offer some Doordash as they settle in.
- Give a gift certificate for a day of pampering, such as a massage or manicure. This type of gift is a great way to help your new employees feel relaxed and a great little way to say thanks for selecting your company.
There are thousands of gifts that are suitable for welcoming a new employee. Hopefully, this list provided some unique ideas for you to use as you walk through onboarding.
Just remember to choose something that is thoughtful and will be appreciated, and you can’t go wrong. We hope this has helped you to make a great first impression on all new employees.